A coaching relationship is a collaborative partnership where the agenda is set by you, the Client. As your coach, I will help you to find your own answers to work-related issues. Clients usually complete at least three sessions working over an 8-10 week period for significant change and lasting results, as new habits and ways of thinking take a while to become routine. Many stay longer, depending on individual requirements, but it is up to you to decide how you would like us to work together.
I offer coaching and mentoring, which is a different practice to counselling. If we identify a need for counselling at any stage, it is your responsibility to seek these services from a licensed professional. Information on registered therapists in your area can be found at British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy.
We will treat each other with respect. As your coach, I will remain objective, listen carefully and check understanding, and challenge constructively, to explore alternative ways of thinking and behaving. As my client, you will be open to hearing criticism, be open to new ideas and be willing to explore areas that may not seem relevant at the time. Both parties will ensure that the meeting is not interrupted to give full attention to the interaction. You will try to the best of your ability to meet the agreed objectives set out at each session.
The sessions are 50 minutes long, though it is possible to extend sessions where diaries allow at a pro rata rate. The day and time for the next session will usually be agreed at the end of each coaching session.
We can meet in any location that you feel comfortable talking frankly about your challenges. It can be liberating getting out of your own work environment and having the session in a café or restaurant. Sometimes it’s helpful to have space to write on large sheets of paper or on a whiteboard. We can choose the location as suits you.
If you are paying for your own coaching, I ask for payment on the day of the coaching session, either by cash or bank transfer. My bank details will be on the invoice. If your company is paying for your coaching, I will send an invoice for an agreed number of sessions in advance. I will need a Purchase Order raised against that amount.
Life is imperfect, and I will try to accommodate changes in circumstance. However, sessions cancelled or rescheduled with less than 24 hours notice will incur a 50% cancellation fee.
In the course of our work together you may divulge future plans, business affairs, job information, and also personal information. I will treat this information as confidential, and will not use this information for my own benefit, or disclose this information to a third party.
I will not disclose that we are in a coaching relationship without your expressed written permission. Exceptions to this would be in the event of:
You demonstrate a risk of harm to yourself or to others
You reveal illegal actions
I reserve the right to discuss your development with my coaching supervisor under the same confidentiality terms as above, in order to improve and develop my coaching practice. I also reserve the right to use your feedback anonymously to improve my practice.
As coach, I will store, and dispose of any records created during coaching in a manner that promotes confidentiality, security, and privacy, and complies with applicable data protection laws and agreements.
Ending the Coaching
Either party can end the coaching work. It is helpful for the Coach and Client to discuss the reasons for the ending of the work.
Website Usage Terms and Conditions
The term ‘Clearly Creative Space’ refers to the private coaching practice of Gavin Ricketts. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law. However, we seek to correct any inaccuracies whereever possible.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- Some links on this website will take you to a product for sale on Amazon. When you make a purchase or carry out some other action as direct result of clicking on a link on our website, we may receive a small commission. For example, when you click on a link to our Clearly Creative CVs book, then purchase it or another item, we may receive a commission. The level of commission varies but generally it’s a few percent of the price of the item you purchase.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.